Making a complaint

If you need to make a complaint

We hope you’ll never need to send us a complaint, because we try hard to meet the high standards we set for ourselves. However, sometimes things go wrong, and you may want to make a complaint. In the first instance we encourage anyone with a complaint to try and resolve the matter with the person they have been dealing with. If you are unable to do so or the complaint is of a more serious nature then we have a formal complaints process which is set out below. Regardless of whether a complaint is submitted formally or informally we will do our best to resolve the issue in a timely fashion (where that is possible) and to communicate well with you.

You can make a formal complaint by sending an email to the Group COO or by letter to: Complaints c/o Group COO (Cathy Butcher), Alpha International, Brompton Road, London, SW7 1JA. Please remember to include your contact details and let us know how and when you would like to be contacted with a response.

If you send us a complaint, we will acknowledge the complaint, so you know we’ve received it. We will look into the circumstances of your complaint and if it is appropriate to do so we will let you know what we have found and what action we have taken to remedy the issue. Please bear in mind that for sensitivity and/or legal and compliance reasons we may not always be able to tell you what our findings are or what action we have taken in response to a complaint. We will however always look into complaints that are made and are committed to taking the appropriate action in the circumstances.

What if you’re not happy with our response to your complaint?

We take complaints seriously, and we respond to them as thoroughly as possible. If you remain concerned that your complaint has not been dealt with satisfactorily, you can ask for it to be escalated to the CEO of Alpha International or to the Chair and Vice-Chair of the Alpha International Board.

Alpha International is a UK-registered charity. You also have the option to escalate your complaint to the Charity Commission. Information about the kind of complaints the Charity Regulator can involve itself in can be found on their website at:

Skip to content